top of page
Abdulaziz Saud Albabtain Cultural Foundation holds the fourth session of the "Arab Poetry Diwan" next Tuesday. The session will include honoring the graduates of the Albabtain Academy for Arab Poetry. Among the graduates, 75% are Kuwaiti nationals and 25% are residents from other countries.

February 19, 2023

The series of sessions for the "Arab Poetry Diwan," organized by the Abdulaziz Saud Albabtain Cultural Foundation, continues. The fourth session of the diwan will be held at 6:00 PM on Tuesday, the 21st of February, at Albabtain Central Library for Arab Poetry. The session's theme is "Poetry in its Timeless Form," and it will be enriched with discussions and poetic presentations by a selection of poets, intellectuals, and writers, including:

• Dr. Dalal Al Baroud, who will enrich the session with a discussion on comparative literature and the influence of Western literature on Arabic literature, and vice versa.

• Poet Dakhil Al Khaleefa, who will delve into the topic of poetic imagery.

• Mr. Jabir Al Ni'ma, who will talk about how poetry can transcend time.

• Poet Abdulaziz Al Mushari, who will shed light on the impact of musical rhythm in poetry on the listener, across various forms of poetry.

• The audience will also have the opportunity to engage with poetess Rahaf Al Harbash, who will discuss the poetic imagery in "Al-Taf'ila" style poetry, using Mahmoud Darwish as an example.

• The concluding segment will be led by Ms. Nasiba Al Qassar, who will discuss the translation of poetry, providing examples of Arabic-Turkish poetry translation.

• The session will be moderated by the esteemed writer and poet Abdullah Al Enazi.

It is worth noting that Abdulaziz Saud Albabtain, the poet and President of the Board of Trustees of the Abdulaziz Saud Albabtain Cultural Foundation, launched the "Arab Poetry Diwan" activities on October 18th of the previous year. This event was attended by a number of poets, critics, and literary figures from Kuwait and the Arab world. The Arab Poetry Diwan's regular sessions are set to continue, convening on the third Tuesday of each month.

The session of the Diwan will feature the honoring and distribution of certificates to the graduates of Albabtain Academy of Arab Poetry, who have completed the Foundational Diploma in Arabic Language Skills and the Specialized Diploma in Editing and Linguistic Proofreading, having concluded their studies by December 28, 2022. Each diploma entails a total of 80 credited hours over a span of three months. The Academy conducted a final test at the end of the initial level to determine the names of successful students advancing to the second level and to assess the experiences of enrolled students.

According to the results, 56% of the students achieved a distinction, while 40% of them received a very good grade. 4% of the students obtained a good grade. The percentage of Kuwaiti graduates is 75%, and the remaining 25% are residents.

At the beginning of October last year, Abdulaziz Saud Albabtain Cultural Foundation launched the fourth season of its academic programs (Fall semester) through the inauguration of the "Foundational Diploma in Arabic Language Skills" and the "Specialized Diploma in Editing and Proofreading."

The academic sector of Abdulaziz Saud Albabtain Cultural Foundation has undertaken a review and development of its academic programs, aligning them with the Foundation's core values in disseminating culture. This process is also tailored to meet the needs and requirements of the students. As a result, a new curriculum for the academy has been established, encompassing fifteen academic programs. These programs are progressively introduced and delivered by a distinguished group of professors through theoretical and practical lectures and lessons at Albabtain Central Library for Arab Poetry.

This initiative is in line with the substantial support and patronage provided by the President of the Board of Trustees of the Foundation to educational and enlightening activities that serve language, heritage, and Arab poetry. The project, which began in the year 2000, involved a series of successful training courses in collaboration with the College of Arts at Kuwait University and the College of Basic Education under the General Authority for Applied Education. It's noteworthy that enrollment in all Academy programs is entirely free, and registration is available through the Foundation's official website and its social media accounts.

bottom of page