"The Aesthetic and Social Manifestations of Poetic Text in Albabtain's Encyclopaedia of Arab Poets" A Dissertation Title for the Doctoral Degree at Damanhur University.
December 8, 2022
Damanhur University discussed a doctoral dissertation in Arabic language, specializing in literary and critical studies. The topic of the dissertation was “The Aesthetic and Social Manifestations of Poetic Text in Albabtain's Encyclopedia of Arab Poets during the Era of States and Emirates (656 - 1215 AH / 1258 - 1800 CE).” The dissertation was prepared by the researcher Ayman Badr Mohammed Haredi and was presented at the Faculty of Arts, Damanhur University, in the Arab Republic of Egypt on the morning of Wednesday, the 7th of December of the current year.
The examination and defense committee consisted of the following members:
1. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Moustafa Abu Shawarib, Professor of Literature and Criticism, and Head of the Arabic Language Department at the Faculty of Education, Alexandria University, serving as the supervisor and chairman.
2. Prof. Dr. Ghanem Al-Saeed Ghanem, Professor of Literature and Criticism, and Assistant Dean of the Faculties of Media and Arabic Language at Al-Azhar University, serving as the committee member.
3. Prof. Dr. Ahmed Mohamed Belbolah, Professor of Literature and Criticism, and Dean of the Faculty of Dar Al-Ulum at Cairo University, serving as the committee member.
4. Prof. Dr. Eman Fouad Barakat, Professor of Arabic Literature and Vice Dean for Graduate Studies and Research Affairs, and Head of the Arabic Language Department at the Faculty of Arts, Damanhur University, serving as the co-supervisor.
It's worth mentioning that the Albabtain Encyclopaedias for Arab Poets stand as a reference for scholars and researchers due to its meticulous documentation of the evolution and changes that Arabic poetry has undergone throughout various eras and centuries. This compilation presents diverse levels of poetic production by poets representing different artistic trends and directions. Albabtain Encyclopaedias editions, up to the present time, include:
1. "Albabtain Encyclopaedia for Contemporary Arab Poets" (9 volumes).
2. "Albabtain Encyclopaedia for Arab Poets in the 19th and 20th Centuries" (25 volumes).
3. "Albabtain Encyclopaedia for Arab Poets in the Era of States and Emirates" (25 volumes).