The Second Session of the Second World Forum on the Culture of Just Peace in Malta, titled "The Role of International Governmental Organizations," began on March 3-4, 2023.
March 3, 2022
The Second World Forum on the Culture of Peace resumed its work today, with the second session titled "The Role of International Governmental Organizations" beginning just a while ago.
This session aims to discuss prioritizing and implementing the principles of a just culture of peace in daily activities, taking individual and social behaviors into account. It will also explore how to make the year 2022 the launch year for the "Global Platform for Leadership in Just Peace" initiative and help establish its foundations.
The session is chaired by Dr. Omar Grech, Director of the Center for the Study and Practice of Conflict Resolution at the University of Malta.
The speakers include:
· HE. Nayef Al-Hajraf, the Secretary-General of the Gulf Cooperation Council
· HE. Taieb Baccouche, the Secretary-General of the Arab Maghreb Union
· HE. Salem Mohammed Al-Malik, the Director-General of the Islamic Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (ISESCO)
· HH. Abdulqawi Ahmed Yusuf, former President of the International Court of Justice
· HE. Khaled Khalifa, Regional Representative of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
· HE. Mohammed Al-Shafie, Representative of the League of Arab States
· Dr. Alfred J. Vella, President of the University of Malta