Abdulaziz Saud Albabtain Cultural Foundation announces the program and the names of the speakers for the "Second World Forum for the Culture of Just Peace" in Malta.
March 1, 2022
Abdulaziz Saud Albabtain Cultural Foundation has announced the program and the names of the speakers for the "Second World Forum for the Culture of Just Peace," which will be held in Malta on March 3-4, 2022, under the patronage and presence of His Excellency the President of Malta, Dr. George Vella, with the theme "Leadership for Just Peace."
The Forum will gather political, academic, and cultural figures from various parts of the world. The Forum will also be structured into three sessions, each closely aligned with its objectives and anticipated outcomes, all in the context of the shared goal of preparing effective leadership that collaborates to build a multi-level and multifunctional "Global Platform for Just Peace."
The Forum's program is as follows:
Day 1: Thursday, March 3, 2022
The forum will be inaugurated with remarks from various dignitaries:
• Excellency Dr. George Vella, President of Malta
• Excellency Marzouq Al-Ghanim, Speaker of the Kuwaiti National Assembly
• Poet Abdulaziz Saud Albabtain, Chairman of the Abdulaziz Saud Albabtain Cultural Foundation
• Excellency António Guterres, Secretary-General of the United Nations (pre-written statement)
• Excellency Abdullah Shahid, President of the United Nations General Assembly (recorded video message)
Session 1: "The Role of World Leaders"
This session will explore how to launch the "Global Platform for Effective Peace Leadership," which serves as a swift mechanism to prevent conflicts, mediate, and intervene in emergencies. The session will be chaired by His Excellency Dr. George Vella, the President of Malta, and will feature discussions from:
• Excellency Ilir Meta, President of Albania
• Excellency Vjosa Osmani, President of Kosovo
• Excellency Stjepan Mesić, former President of Croatia
• Excellency Armen Sarkassian, Former President of Armenia
Day 2: Friday, March 4, 2022
Session 2: "The Role of International Governmental Organizations"
This session will discuss the priorities of the Culture of Just Peace and how to implement them in daily activities, taking individual and societal behaviors into consideration. It will also address how to make the year 2022 a launching point for the "Global Platform for Effective Peace Leadership" initiative and lay its foundations.
The session will be chaired by Dr. Omar Grech, Director of the Centre for the Study and Practice of Conflict Resolution at the University of Malta, and will include discussions from:
• HE. Nayef Al-Hajraf, Secretary-General of the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf
• HE. Taieb Baccouche, Secretary-General of the Arab Maghreb Union
• HE. Salim M. Al-Malik, Director-General of the Islamic Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (ISESCO)
• HH. Abdulqawi Ahmed Yusuf, former President of the International Court of Justice
• HE. Khaled Khalifa, Regional Representative of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
• HE. Mohammed Alshafee, Representative of the League of Arab States
• Dr. Alfred J. Vella, Rector of the University of Malta
Session 3: "The Role of Parliamentarians and Civil Society Organizations"
This session will discuss how parliaments can become powerful voices advocating for the prioritization of the "Global Platform for Effective Peace Leadership" in their regions, countries, and around the world.
The session will be chaired by Anġlo Farrugia, Speaker of the Maltese Parliament, and will feature discussions from:
• HE. Mohamed Nasheed, Speaker of the Parliament of the Maldives
• HE. Behgjet Pacolli, Member of the Kosovo Assembly (Former President of Kosovo)
• Mr. Abdesselam Lebbar, Head of the Independent Parliamentary Group in the House of Councilors of Morocco
• Mr. Struan Stevenson, Former Member of the European Parliament
• Mr. Jesmond Saliba, Commissioner for Voluntary Organisations in Malta
• Mr. Jean-Christophe Bas, CEO of “Connectors for Peace” Foundation
The closing remarks will be delivered by Mr. Abdulaziz Saud Albabtain, Chairman of the Abdulaziz Saud Albabtain Cultural Foundation, and His Excellency Dr. George Vella, President of Malta.
Chairman of the Abdulaziz Saud Albabtain Cultural Foundation, poet Abdulaziz Saud Albabtain, stated, "This forum is being held at a time when the world is in desperate need of peace and the establishment of principles for coexistence among humanity. We are in the last decade of an era marked by intense conflicts, both internal and external."